|“||The vegetables were so cute that I couldn't eat them, so I taught them a song!||”|
Charlotte notices that the lunch lady, Mrs. Millet, only serves by the "triangle of tastiness": dried meats (beef jerky), mollusks (clams), and punches (grape punch). Vendetta states that everyone must obey, but Charlotte suggests that the menu needs vegetables. Vendetta, who hates vegetables, scoffs at the idea and throws a grape punch carton at her. The next day, Vendetta finds that Charlotte is working with Mrs. Millet, and to her dismay, a whole vegetable platter is prepared. Vendetta demands for her lunch to be returned, which was returned immediately.
Since Vendetta was not willing to try vegetables, Charlotte asks her grandmother Charlene if she has any suiting cookbooks. Revealing her enormous shelf of cookbooks, Charlene gives Charlotte a cookbook called Concealing Carrots. The next day, Charlotte is once again working with Mrs. Millet, to Vendetta's horror. Charlotte gives Vendetta a "clam, beef jerky and grape punch casserole". Vendetta tastes it and likes it, until she finds a carrot, that she thinks is poison. Charlotte reveals that carrots are the secret ingredient. Vendetta throws the food in Charlotte's face, and promises to make her vegetables.
Vendetta prepares some vegetable fiends and gives them to Charlotte the next day. As the screaming vegetables cause chaos throughout the cafeteria, Vendetta and Grudge take Marvin's lunch. Vendetta stops eating, noticing that she doesn't hear screaming or crying, and goes to investigate. Charlotte states the vegetables were "so cute" that she was not able to eat them, so she taught them a song instead. Vendetta, surprised by her statement, watches the screaming vegetables sing that you should "eat vegetables with every meal". The episode ends with the vegetables kissing Vendetta on the cheek and she screams in horror.
Vendetta: Yes! Everyone must obey the triangle of tastiness!
Charlotte: Grandma! Do you have any cookbooks?
Vendetta: (tastes Charlotte's dish) This is not as horrible as I thought it would be. (takes another bite) This is even... tasty! (takes one more bite, and suddenly stops chewing and finds a carrot in her mouth and takes it out) What is this? (points at Charlotte) You were trying to poison me! (believes she is going to die) I should have destroyed you when I had the chance! (falls to the ground)
- This episode is remake of the web episode of the same name.
- Madellaine Paxson wrote this episode, but it is based on a story by Amy Winfrey.
- According to Nicktoons, a grayish pink character in the school cafeteria is Maggie. This is however inaccurate as Maggie is seen with her regular appearance in the very same scene, and that same student is seen again in "New Best Friend", sitting next to Maggie.
- This was her first appearence.
- In the song, the web episode line "And your eyeballs will fall out...." was changed to "And your Eyebrows will fall out". This was most likely to make it more kid-friendly.
- Amy Winfrey as Charlotte, Charlene, Marion, Maggie, Mrs. Millet, toad fiend, vegetables
- Aglaia Mortcheva as Vendetta
- Peter Merryman as Grudge, Marvin, Malachi, vegetables
- Chris Fria as carrot
- Ego Plum as tomato, broccoli
|"Charlotte's First Day" • "A Fiendish Friend" • "Super Evil" • "Vegetables" • "Toupee" • "Mama Vendetta" • "Shrinking Charlotte" • "Parents" • "No Singing" • "Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!" • "Shorts: Set 1" • "Marvin the Middle Manager" • "Parentnapped" • "Smash" • "New Best Friend" • "Tornado" • "Shorts: Set 2" • "Pony"|